metalab.unc.edu / sunsite

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Ravi wrote:
[lots of stuff deleted]

>   On that point , just wondering.... do we have any mirror's of that site
>  metalab.unc.edu/LDP ] here in india ? I was under the impression
> aero.iitm.ernet.in did in fact mirror a few sites ?

aero used to mirror the old slackware distribution; with my rise in status
from aero cc head honcho to iitm cc head honcho, i was not able to keep up
the aero site and it no longer runs mirrors. i am in the process of
setting up a mirror at iit (i expect to have some linux distribs -
perhaps, redhat and potato; suggestions welcome; we will also have things
like netlib/lapack and other scientific stuff). there is one sunsite in
india - at iisc. try sunsite.iisc.ernet.in - it may be slow and it may not
contain what you want; last time i looked, it was truly a sunsite - only
sun related stuff.

sriram