Re: Memory Related

Thats a known feature(bug?) in Linux.
By default only a max of 64MB is sensed
You need to pass specific LILO parameters like 'MEM=128M' or so.
Forgot excat sysntax.

-
oommen

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Vijai wrote:

lathas> Hi,
lathas>
lathas>     I installed RH 5.2 Sparc in My Sun SparcStation 20 Machine.
lathas> The Machine Specs are Here.
lathas>
lathas> SS20
lathas> Dual Processor
lathas> 128 MB RAM.
lathas> 4.3 GB SCSI HDD.
lathas> Sun Gx Card.
lathas>
lathas>
lathas>     When I tested the system for load only about 64MB is utilised by the system.
lathas> Is There Any Procedure has to be done to use Full 128MB by the System.
lathas>
lathas>     And in the X side There Are Three Servers Available for Use.
lathas> 1. XSun
lathas> 2. XSunMono
lathas> 3. XSun24
lathas>
lathas>    I use XSun24 for higher resalution. The main point is I have no control file
lathas> like
lathas> XF86Config in i386. How Can I Control the Properties of  X in Sparc.
lathas>
lathas>
lathas> Thaks in Advace
lathas>
lathas> Vijai .G
lathas>
lathas>
lathas>
lathas>
lathas>
lathas> ---
lathas> Send e-mail to 'ilugc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' with 'unsubscribe'
lathas> in either the subject or the body to unsubscribe from this list.
lathas>

Regards,                                              Imagine Technologies
Oommen                                           16, Shaffee Mohammed Road
   				      	       	              Rutland Gate
eMail: oommen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx			   Chennai 600 006
       oommen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 					     INDIA
	   				   Voice: 91-44-8293565/66,8211733
                                            Fax : 91-44-8225341
   __   _
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . .  t h e   c h o i c e   o f   a