Re: Turbo C++, DJGPP and GNU C/C++

Adityan Murthy encoded :
>managed to get Graphics working under DJGPP and would like to port my
>program. Unfortunately, there seems to be no Graphics Library (similar to
>Graphics.h under Turbo C++) which i can use to call some of the commonly
>used graphic routines like line, circle etc.  Are there any such libraries?

Obviously, you haven't heard of Allegro, the library under which Quake was developed! :-))

Go to http://www.midpec.com or http://www.delorie.com/djgpp

there is a conversion utility I think that can convert your BC pgms into Allegro format. I wonder if it's any use, anyone else's input on this would be welcome.

>Also, I am very much interested in porting the program to Linux too.  Will
>the same graphics commands in DJGPP work under GNU C/C++?  If not, what is
>the method of accessing the Video memory using GNU C/c++?

That I think is the beauty of Allegro, develop on DOS and turn the code around and recpile on Linux to get a port working, right out of the box!

	And before anyone asks, the DOS version also supports ncurses, so you can create your favourite TUI (Text UserInterface) on DOS and port happily to Linux!

Cheerio,

   Madhu M Kurup /* Nemo Me Impune Lacessit */ madhu@xxxxxxxxxxx