Re: POP3 Server

Hi,

Prashant KS typed:
> 1. Where is the executable of this POP3 server on the
> linux machine i.e, the path and name of the binary
> file. On a Debian Linux it has the name qpopper. But I
> wanted the name and path on a RedHat Linux System.

It is an inet service. So you can get the name of the program by
looking in inetd.conf. The program actually called is
/usr/sbin/ipop3d, which is part of the imap package.

> 2. Now if am able to get the name of the POP3 server.
> Now using what the POP3 server authenticates a user,
> whether is it /etc/passwd file or some LDAP or PAM or
> can  we customize it.

It uses PAM. I'm not sure about how to customize it.
/usr/doc/imap-x.xx doesn't have any information. :-( You may have to
do some websearching.

--
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@xxxxxxxxx> http://mrinal.dhs.org/
Linux 2.2.12-20 || PGP:B1E86F5B || Mutt 1.2i (2000-05-09) || VIM 5.6