Re: java applet problem

Rohit Singh proclaimed:
> Java applets have the restriction that they can only connect to the host
> from which they were loaded.
>
> I want to overcome that restriction.
>
> #1) I want my applet to connect to some other host, using the browser
> itself(both netscape and IE)

Is the applet being run off of a server (ie. a http URL)?  If the applet
were running from the user's local disk through a file:// URL then the
security restriction of being able to connect only back to the server that
sent the .class files does not apply.

> #3) In case of (Netscape/IE)browsers, is there some place where I can
> put a java.policy file  which gives my applet additional permisiions ?
>
> (HotJava browser permits signed applets and presents the user with a
> dialog box, asking for additional permissions for the applet, but I dont
> think this is the case with netscape/IE.)

See http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/java.html

Especially the section on 'Object Signing and Java'.

Thaths
--
Lisa:  "Dad. You killed the zombie Flanders."
Homer: "He was a Zombie?"