Re: How to get display. - sgi to linux.

Hi. since the glx lib is a lib which interfaces with the X _server_ (i
hope u know X's inverted server-client concept), u need the
Mesa3D/OpenGL libs on the box where u need the display too. This is
because glx is a protocol layered on top of the X protocol, and the X
_server_ needs to interpret this. in short, u need a GL lib on both the
boxen. btw, if u're looking for h/w acceleration, using DRI, and want to
display remotely, forget it. DRI is _not_ network transparent, actually
it _cant_ be, because of its design. I haven't tried my hand much at
utah-glx, but atleast, I cant get my glide driver to render the stuff
and pass it on to another box, cuz the actual GL->glide on my 3dfx are
done on the _ServeR_ side. u'll get as much acceleration and quality, as
u're SGI box can handle.

Nikhil.