Re: Keeping files in sync across machine

Differentiated Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd. forced the electrons to say:
> a) Can we rely on the mount, given the fact that the machines may be in
> geographically different locations, like one machine in US and the other in
> India.

It is going to be slooow! You can also try syncing via CVS (and maybe ssh, for
security). Of course it cannot be automatic as an NFS mount would let you, you
will have to write scripts for that. Another method will be via FTP (again,
with ssh, if possible).

Another problem with NFS mounting is that file locking etc. will not be
reliable.

Binand

--
The prompt for all occasions:
export PS1="F:\$(pwd | tr '/[a-z]' '\134\134[A-Z]')> "