Re: [LI] HELP: Fortune

    Rohit> Raj Mathur wrote:
    >> Hi Suresh, You need to use the strfile program to convert the
    >> properly-formatted ASCII fortune file into the .dat format.

    Rohit> Oye!  How about a proper step by step guidance? Let me
    Rohit> guess...

    Rohit> You write a file in ASCII with your own quotes.  Separate
    Rohit> every quote by a % sign on separating line. [ad infinitum]

    Rohit> yahan tak clear hain. Ye sala strfile kya hain? [Right now
    Rohit> I can not an strfile so please bear - this box running
    Rohit> win95]

Hi there,
This is what man strfile on muh *linux* box says

strfile  reads a file containing groups of lines separated
       by a line containing a single percent `%' sign  (or  other
       specified  delimiter  character)  and  creates a data file
       which contains a header structure and a table of file off-
       sets for each group of lines. This allows random access of
       the strings.

       The output file, if not specified on the command line,  is
       named sourcefile.dat.

HTH
Regards
	Khader