[LI] HELP: Fortune

Hi, I want to have fortune read from a set of quotes I have - and also to
edit some of the current fortune quote files for errors (grammatical,
factual etc).  However, there's a hassle (see below).  Pointers
appreciated -- those beyond "man fortune" that is :)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, thus spake Syed Khader Vali:

> Hi there, I don't think there is a utility to make fortune quotes, but
> the only thing you might need to add a % before and after each quote
> and put it in the fortunes directory. Maybe you should post the query
> on LI for more info.

Won't work - there's a .dat file for each fortune quote file.  How do you
build the .dat file (which is what fortune reads)?

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian | mail : suresh at kcircle dot com
K-Circle Quizzing Club | Y.M.C.A Secunderabad, A.P, India

--
It is not good for a man to be without knowledge,
and he who makes haste with his feet misses his way.