Re: [LI] Questions on mail server setup

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, thus spake diffs@xxxxxxxx:

>     In my email client the pop and SMTP servers are myhost.com.
>     I sent a mail to myself from the email client it did not get delivered.

See /etc/sendmail.cw and add to it all permutations and combinations of
your smtp server.

That is -

myhost.com
smtp.myhost.com

>  After reading logs (/var/logs/maillog) I figured that sendmail
> received the
>  message but could not deliver. I tried sendmail -q -v. It listed all messag

For a local user - you might need to send using full domain name - say
user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Or see /etc/mail/access - which should be

localhost.localdomain	127.0.0.1	relay
localhost		127.0.0.1	relay
myhost.com		192.168.*.*	relay

>     Further I started setting up the DNS server.
>     I have created named.myhost.com.forward and reverse and then restarted the

You can use your ISP's DNS servers - that's better.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian     | President, CAUCE India
r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx