Re: [LI] The 3dimage975 card headaches

Hey Vimal,
I agree with suvendra - I am also using Trident 3D 975 card and it is performing satisfactorily for me. You can adjust all possible combinations. While you are experimenting it is possible to land up with incorrect settings and hence you will get a blank screen. So maybe you can try this - say no to "Start X at the beginning" this means after boot up you will get a shell prompt and you will have to give "startx "command to start X. This has the advantage that just in case your setings are yielding a weird behaviour - you can start "Xconfigurator" and set it right from the shell prompt before you actually start X. I think there is no point in wasting money on a new card(even that will take some effort I am sure).
HTH
Pankaj Mathur
Bangkok