Re: [LI] The 3dimage975 card headaches

Hey Vimal,

Trident 3DImage975 card is not as bad as you proclaim. I am one of the happy
owners of this
card. I have configured this card in 3 m/cs, without any damn problems. It
runs 640x480@32bpp,
800x600@32bpp and even 1024x768@32bpp (the one which I use), 1024x768@16bpp,

800x600@16bpp, 1024x786@8bpp. These ones I have tested.

True, the XF86Config file needs some tweaking, but once you get it going
there is no problem
at all. I have configured all the m/cs having Microtek as monitor (you know
some vendors
always prefer a single brand), but the other Monitors should also not cause
any problems.

These are the important configs. needed in XF86Config -

Section "Monitor"
     Identifier "MyMon"
# These are specific to my Monitor. Please modify.
     VendorName "Microtek"
     ModelName  "Microtek"
     HorizSync    30-56
     VertRefresh  50-120

# For 1024x768 use this modeline. This is already there in the Config file -
# Remove all others which fall within the range of your monitor.
# Windoze by default also uses @60 - @70 Hz for this card.
    Modeline  "1024x768"  65  1024  1023  1176  1344
                                           768    771   777    806  -hsync
-vsync

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Trident 3DImage975(generic)"
    VendorName "Trident 3DIm~Ege 975"
    VideoRam   4096
End Section

# And finally here is the SVGA Server entry
Section "Screen"
    Driver   "svga"
    Device  "Trident 3DImage975(generic)"
    Monitor  "MyMon"
    Subsection  "Display"
           Depth   32
           Modes  "1024x768"  "800x600"  "640x480"
           ViewPort  0  0
    End Subsection
End Section

I have found some modes which are within my Monitors HSync and VSync
values, and which sends my monitor off to power saving mode. (I don't
know that is a problem with the card, or with the monitor).

Suvendra

> Date: 27 Jan 2000 21:47:57 -0800
> From: Vimal Mathew <vml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LI] The 3dimage975 card headaches
>
> Hi,
>  I have configured about 4 or 5 systems with the Trident 3dImage975 video
card and have been successful in a text-book install only on one. This card
> is supposed to be supported by the SVGA server, but I got the foll.
errors/problems -
> - - You startup X, but the monitor is blank with LED blinking. Diagnosis?
Possible misconfiguring of Modelines/Monitor. So inserted proper Monitor
config. from monitor