Re: [LI] LIG and LI

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 04:21:16PM -0800, Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:
> Astute fellow, aren't you.

Hi there,
Now, what shall I take it as ?? ;-)

> There is some difference between how these lists send out the email to the
> subscriber list.  LIG uses bulk_mailer
> (ftp://cs.utk.edu/pub/moore/bulk_mailer/) to send out the email while LI
> does not.  LI used to use this till a week back.  Remember the post where I
> complained that the LI machine's disk was churning too much?  After a
> couple of sleepless nights I decided to discontinue using bulk_mailer for
> the LI list.
> Keep in mind that potato's default mailer is going to postfix.  slink
> shipped with exim as the default.  exim does have some nice features
> (built-in bulk_mailer etc.)  But I've heard great things about postfix.

I have already switched back to postfix. Postfix happens to be my favourite
since the time it came out, but I couldn't make out how to do the masquerading
( Since there is no PCQ or any article on this ;-)
Now that I know how to do it with postfix, maybe I could ... ;-)
Thanks
Regards
	Khader