Re: [LI] LIG and LI

Syed Khader Vali proclaimed:
> I have seen that mails from Linux India General are faster
> than the mails coming from Linux India ??
> Is the problem at my side or something to with the majordomo at linux-india itself ??

Astute fellow, aren't you.

There is some difference between how these lists send out the email to the
subscriber list.  LIG uses bulk_mailer
(ftp://cs.utk.edu/pub/moore/bulk_mailer/) to send out the email while LI
does not.  LI used to use this till a week back.  Remember the post where I
complained that the LI machine's disk was churning too much?  After a
couple of sleepless nights I decided to discontinue using bulk_mailer for
the LI list.

> Anyway I have dumped sendmail and postfix for EXIM ;-)
> Anyway Exim does what I want it to do and the configuration is
> very easy tooo !! Well, believe me it is easier than postfix or sendmail ;-)

Keep in mind that potato's default mailer is going to postfix.  slink
shipped with exim as the default.  exim does have some nice features
(built-in bulk_mailer etc.)  But I've heard great things about postfix.

Thaths
--
"Dear Mr. President. Nowadays there are too many states. Please
          eliminate three."  "Granpa" Abe Simpson