[LI] Kernel versions and ext2 filesystems

Hi,
	I have a very crude doubt-
Does the filesystem handling change with a new kernel.
I have a Debian installation - kernel 2.0.x    <--
and RHL - kernel 2.2.x
When I mount the RHL partition under Debian and run fsck ( the one that comes
with RHL ) immediately afterwards ( the next time I boot to RHL ) some errors
crop up (always). There are no problems with the Debian partition mounting under
RHL.
	Could someone enlighten me on this.

-Mahendra M
RV College of Engineering, B'lore