Re: [LI] RE: Sound Card not functioning

Hi,

   Instead of using the commercial OSS drivers, you can also try using
   the free ALSA drivers from  http://www.alsa-project.org .  This
   projects aims at developing a sophisticated open sound architecture for
   Linux which supersedes the earlier OSS.  It also provides OSS emulation
   so that existing players will run unchanged.  There are utilities
   specific to ALSA also. Eg. mpg123, the very cool AlsaPlayer and ALSA
   configuration tools. My Trident 4DWave DX card works wonderfully with
   ALSA.

Regards,
Moinak.