[LI] RE: Sound Card not functioning

You can try the commercial OSS drivers available at www.opensound.com
I am using them for my YMF724 card. You can use them uninterrupted for some
230 Hrs after which they will stop working every 15-20 mins. So you just
have to do a ./soundoff followed by a ./soundon (in the directory you
installed, typically /usr/local/lib/oss)whenever the sound stops abruptly.
I would recommend going thru the documentation first before installing the
drivers.
Your card is listed as "Yamaha PCI 192 XG" the readme is available at
http://www.opensound.com/readme/README.PCI-XG.html.

To download the drivers >> http://www.opensound.com/download.cgi

You might experience louder volume with these drivers. So Don't be surprised
if the Beatles sound as loud as Iron Maiden!!!

Hope this helps you
MANI