Re: [LI] Sendmail Query ! No Not about relays :-)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, thus spake Babu Kalakrishnan:

> the body headers. And sendmail as I said before is very particular that
> it can resolve both the sender domain _and_ the recipient domain before it
> sends out the mail. (Unless you setup the rules asking it to accept mail
> from unresolvable domains too.. Do I hear someone growling ??? ;-) )

If Khader's box is connected 24x7 to the net, you'll hear me growl :)  As
it's behind a firewall anyway, (or even if it's on a dialup with a
dynamically assigned ip) he can enable promiscous relay to accept mail and
relay mail for any XYZ domains [1].

That's A Bad Idea (tm).  See http://www.sendmail.org/tips/relaying.html

Oh yes, try taking a look at /etc/mail/access (it might be /etc/access on
other, more sensible unixes, as RedHat has played around quite a bit with
the sendmail install it provides).

The other major area of different paths etc is with smrsh on RedHat.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian     | President, CAUCE India
r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx