Re: [LI] Apache problem

> > If you are trying to launch a CGI program I did not see the ExecCGI. BTW just in
> > case you missed it
> > is apache running as root  or some other user who does not have proper access
> > rights to these directories
>
> I was only trying to reach the html files soft linked. I have follow
> symlinks. Second the dir is my own directory from where I am trying to
> access.

1)Apache starts up as root and then sets uid to whatever user specified in the config file.

Lets say your umask is such that all the dirs you create do not have read permissions for

all, then the apache process cannot access your dir. Even if you are running the browser

on the same box, the user actually accessing the files is whoever apache is running as.

You probably already know this but I am addressing it on the outside chance that you dont.

change the user and group parameters in httpd.conf to your id , restart apache and

see if it is able to access your dir.

2)

Do you have any aliases set that may causing apache to look elsewhere ?

--
contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx