[LI] Oracle on Linux-shared lib error

Hi,

I tried installing Oracle 8.0.5 on Redhat 6.0.
The installation procedure was as follows.
1. installed Redhat 6.0
2. applied the RPM files downloaded.
compat-binutils-5.2-2.9.1.0.23.1.i386.rpm
compat-glibc-5.2-2.0.7.1.i386.rpm
compat-egcs-5.2-1.0.3a.1.i386.rpm
compat-egcs-c++-5.2-1.0.3a.1.i386.rpm
compat-libs-5.2-1.i386.rpm
3.did the oracle installation by setting the
environment variables
(custom installation without creating db objects)
4. once installation was through, applied the
glicpatch.sh
5. Did the oracle installation for creating the db
objects again.
 eventhough the installation says success, we you run
svrmgrl it is giving an error :
error in loading shared libraries
libclntsh.so.1.o cannot open shared object file.
No such file or directory.

even SQLPLUS is giving the same error.
If anyone knows the solution for this problem , pls
let me know.

Thanks & Regds,
Shammy