Re: [LI] Oracle on Linux-shared lib error

Hi

>  eventhough the installation says success, we you run
> svrmgrl it is giving an error :
> error in loading shared libraries
> libclntsh.so.1.o cannot open shared object file.
> No such file or directory.
>
> even SQLPLUS is giving the same error.
> If anyone knows the solution for this problem , pls
> let me know.
>
> Thanks & Regds,
> Shammy

a) Check if libclntsh.so.1.0 or rather libclntsh.* is there in your machine.

    if this is not there then you will have to get it. (In case of a symbolic
link check whether the link points to a valid file or not.

 b) If its there, check if this path is in the /etc/ld.so.conf file.

      If not add it.

c) Next do a ldconfig . And try if it works or not. (it should at this point).

---------
Keep :-)
HanishKVC
http://HanishKVC.tripod.com/