Re: [LI] vsnl mail problem

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, thus spake L.V.Gandhi:

> first mail, downloading is not a problem. As suggested, i tried
> webmail.vsnl.com. If I have 800 mails in my inbox, to go to the first

I warned you it was slow ;)

> with directly telneting to 202.54.6.35. It connected. However when I
> gave command pine, connection closed. Then I did telnet to port 110.

OK, so they closed the connection when you typed pine :)  Then go to their
shell prompt and issue the mail command - see if that works ;)

VSNL is, imho, a little clueless sometimes, so there are any number of
hacks which can be used to get around their little tricks ;)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian     | President, CAUCE India
r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That feeling just came over me.
		-- Albert DeSalvo, the "Boston Strangler"