Re: [LI] vsnl mail problem

Babu Kalakrishnan wrote:

> LVG,
>
> L.V.Gandhi typed:
> > I had to go for deleting first mail due to hanging while downloading
> > mail due to most probably bad sectors in the server. After delete the
>
> Bad sectors ??? Highly unlikely.. But vsnl's connectivity leaves a lot to
> be desired anyway.. Hanging in the middle of downloading _anything_ whether
> it be mail, files or even webpages is very common.

I presumed bad sectors simply because at least four or five times mail
could not be downloaded for  two or three days and after deleting  first
or first few mails, i could download further mails immediately. Four or
five times it could not be coincidence that mail could be downloaded
after deletion of first mail.

> If you want to delete message number 1, issue the command DELE 1
>
> Also note that the deletion is actually effected only if you exit from the
> telnet session gracefully - i.e by issuing a QUIT command.

Thanks for the info.
--
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA