Re: [LI] vsnl mail problem

I had to go for deleting first mail due to hanging while downloading
mail due to most probably bad sectors in the server. After delete the
first mail, downloading is not a problem. As suggested, i tried
webmail.vsnl.com. If I have 800 mails in my inbox, to go to the first
mail it takes nearly 50 mins as for going back one page of 10 mails it
takes anywhere between 35 to 45 secs. Hence a short solution. Once i
tried in md3.vsnl.net.in for telneting directly. I had a msg telling no
shell account provide. hence port to mail. However once again I tried
with directly telneting to 202.54.6.35. It connected. However when I
gave command pine, connection closed. Then I did telnet to port 110.
Then I gave command list I could see listing and also top 1 10 gave the
first msg. Only script was not working most probably due timeouts.
However is it rm command to remove the mail in vsnl server. If so what
is the syntex.

--
L.V.Gandhi
MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA