Re: [LI] kwvdial error

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 07:42:03PM +0530, Rajesh Fowkar wrote:
> > If I run kwvdial with SUID set ( chmod +s /usr/bin/kwvdial ) it runs
> > perfectly. However if I remove the SUID bit then it gives me error
> >
> > device or resource busy.
> >

> Probably only root has permissions to access /dev/ttyS1.

Yes. that's  true. Output of ls command :
[root@rajesh] /dev# l ttyS*
crw-r-----   1 uucp     uucp       4,  64 Jan 25 21:42 ttyS0
crw-------   1 root     tty        4,  65 May  6  1998 ttyS1
crw-------   1 root     tty        4,  66 May  6  1998 ttyS2
crw-------   1 root     tty        4,  67 May  6  1998 ttyS3

> To what group does /dev/ttyS1 (or similar) belong? On Debian (slink),
> /dev/ttyS1 belongs to group 'dialout'. All uses permitted to dial out are
> members of the dialout group.

The group here is tty. I added user login rajesh to group tty, but
still it gives the same error < device or resource busy >.

--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card ?Visit:http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/linux.html

Web Site : http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/
   Email : rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken bird that cannot fly.
Langston Hughes