Re: [LI] kwvdial error

On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 07:42:03PM +0530, Rajesh Fowkar wrote:
> If I run kwvdial with SUID set ( chmod +s /usr/bin/kwvdial ) it runs
> perfectly. However if I remove the SUID bit then it gives me error
>
> device or resource busy.

Probably only root has permissions to access /dev/ttyS1.

To what group does /dev/ttyS1 (or similar) belong? On Debian (slink),
/dev/ttyS1 belongs to group 'dialout'. All uses permitted to dial out are
members of the dialout group.

--
Do you support 'free software'?  Visit http://mvm.linuxbox.com
Visit the ILUG-Cochin home page at http://www.netshooter.com/ilug-cochin