Re: [LI] Linux on Linux-India

Ramakrishnan M proclaimed:
> linuxfan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Its becoming more of personal type of discussions on monthly journals,
> > trainings and ......who is distributing what.

Which is where the latter part of the name of this community comes into
picture.  The LI list is not only about Linux.  It is about Linux In
India.  Honestly, if you are interested in the hard core technical things
of Linux you are probably better off with some other mainling list.

> Yes. You said it. Instead of linux-india it can be called linuxmag-india or
> something like that. It has become a  rotten egg. I went out of this list six
> months back just because of this,and came back last week only to see another
> one. Probably this is my last post to this list. Instead of linux we see
> PC*,Chip,NIIT etc popping into the list.

PC*, NIIT, Chip are all contributing to the spread of linux in India.

> When high profile people peot messages
> like this,(pseudo)policemen do not police.

Since this seems like a thinly veiled barb directed and me I have to step
in.  Could you please elaborate why you feel this way.

> They encourage posts written with
> personal rivalry in mind and completely out of context.

And what are your tips on running a decent mailing list?  I spend about an
hour each day trying to keep a decent list going.  Considering that I have
a Real Job this is a sizeable portion of my free time.  Complicating things
further is the fact that I am almost 12 hours behind India.  So by the time
I get to read the flames that erupt on some particular day the things have
already spread.  So it is a bit late for me to step in.  But I do step in
to stop things like this from happening again.

> I know that there are some very serious users/developers in this list who are
> interested in linux. I urge them to go away from this list. There are some very
> high quality mailing list as the above user said. linux-*@vger.rudgers.edu is
> just one of them.

Those lists that were mentioned ARE high quality lists.  Nobody denies
that.  But do they serve the ideal of popularizing Linux in India?

> Please don't reply to this thread. I don't want to flame or add fuel to flames.

No sell.  You can't just say the things you said and not be willing to hear
the comebacks.

Thaths
--
"Dear Mr. President. Nowadays there are too many states. Please
          eliminate three."  "Granpa" Abe Simpson