[LI] Fetchmail problems

 Hi,
 I am facing a lot of problems with Fetchmail. I keep getting synchro errors
and
 the fetchmail progarm terminates prematurely. If I have say 15 messages to
 download, there is always a possibility that fetchmail times out by the
10th
 message and I have to start all over again (from message #1, Grrr!). I
tried
 the VSNL and the Satyam connections but there isn't much diff so far as
this
 problem is concerned.
 Is there a good replacement for the fetchmail program ?
 I read some fetchmail documentation somewhere which mentions about some
 TCP/IP related bugs in the new kernel which contributes towards these
 synchro errors etc. Is that true? And is there a patch available for this?
 Regards,
 Sam