[LI] PCWorld Corel Linux CD Worthless .....

Any body with some or even little success with Corel Linux(at least after a boot image download from corel) ?

I had a miserable time trying out Corel Linux from PC World, Corel Linux on PCWorld in Jan 2k CD-ROM is completely buggy and I think it has not all been tested, so if you are thinking to install or buy Jan 2k issue of PCW then don't even try....

Looks like they just downloaded it off a corel ftp and dumped on to cd even without installing it once at their office itself :-( With the competition/pressure to bring out the CD first every month to the market the quality of the CD's produced by Indian Computer Magzines are becoming lower and lower nowadays except for the the exceptionally excellent Linux CD's from PCQ which undergo's months of development.The least the PCW India could have done was to install their copy of Corel Linux on their system before distributing.

From this unfortunate experience I am sure PCW India has lost it professional status among many Linux users and might have even lost their Linux readership too....

any PCW India guys listening here to answer ? then please ?
----
Virtually yours,
Nagendra
73's, VU2CLN, ICQ : 4779564 |
| Intelligence is not the ability to store information, but to know |