[LI] logrotate.

I loaded RHL 6.1 from PCQ NOv 99 CD. My var/log/messages shows over 5000
lines with all messages since 14 Nov '99. Logrotate is supposed to take care
of this right ?

logrotate is a script in etc/cron.daily.

crontab shows (amongst other stuff)

02 4 * * *  root run-parts /etc/cron.daily

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that means that that the script will
run daily at 4 a.m. right ? But my machine is always switched off at that
time. So how do I run the script manually ? I tried running the script
directly with ./logrotate but it gave a lot of error messages. I also tried
running /usr/sbin/logrotate etc/logrotate.conf  but no luck.

What option do I have other than leaving the machine on for 24 hours daily
(which really isn't practical in my case).

sorry for the bother,

Sharukh.