Re: [LI] Loging through serial

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Arun K Desai wrote:

->Hi all,
->
->I am working On:
->               Redhat  Linux 6.0 & C
->
->I have connected 2 linux m/cs through serial cable.There is no LAN connection between these 2 M/C's(i.e i can't use "telnet"). I want to Login to M/C1 from M/C2 as one user.
->
->   This i want to do using "chat" & "pppd" through serial port only. I don't want to use modem.
->

Serial-HOWTO is excellent guide for this.  You will find this in your
/usr/doc/howto if you have installed the howto package.  Otherwise
mount your distro CD and go to doc directory to get a copy of that.

Nagarjuna