Re: [LI] logrotate.

"Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri." proclaimed:
> logrotate is a script in etc/cron.daily.
>
> crontab shows (amongst other stuff)
>
> 02 4 * * *  root run-parts /etc/cron.daily
>
> Correct me if I am wrong but I think that means that that the script will
> run daily at 4 a.m. right ? But my machine is always switched off at that
> time. So how do I run the script manually ?

Try anacron:

http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/anacron-2.1-1.i386.html

>From its description:

"Anacron (like `anac(h)ronistic') is a periodic command scheduler.  It
executes commands at intervals specified in days.  Unlike cron, it does not
assume that the system is running continuously.  It can therefore be used
to control the execution of daily, weekly and monthly jobs (or anything
with a period of n days), on systems that don't run 24 hours a day.  When
installed and configured properly, Anacron will make sure that the commands
are run at the specified intervals as closely as machine-uptime permits."

Thaths
--
   "In high school, I was voted most likely to be a mental patient,
         hillbilly, or chimpanzee." -- Homer J. Simpson