Re: [LI] Redhat-6.1 Installation

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Dr. Sarat Kumat Patra wrote:

*1. I have installed Red Hat Linux 6.1 on a Intel Celeron PC with
*Intel810 mother board and it
*it containds the PCI-SVGA  intel 810 choset on the board. This graphics
*driver I suppose is not supported by RH6.1. Can I get some help about
*how to
*Install Xwindows on the machine. I am using a Proview monitor. I could
*Install RH6.1 but failed with Xwindows.

>> Have you tried out the custom / unlisted cards with a SVGA / VGA16 Server ?
Try loading and running Xconfigurator / XF86Setup/ xf86config.

*3. I also want to install few diskless machines in my network. I saw
*some mail regarding this with respect to PCQuest Dec 1999. Could some
*one help me in this regard(Anyone who has a record of the discussion).

Search the archives !! It's searchable !!!
Read the Diskless-HOWTO in /doc directory of the PCQ RHL6.1 release CD
(PCQ 99) or from some older CD / web