Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query

Atul,

Not exactly. There is no need to run two name servers on different machines to
do DNS for two different networks i.e. private and public. He is looking for
something which is known as split DNS. In this case you have the same domain
name for both private as well as public networks.

Milind,

Take a look at the DNS faq at http://www.intac.com/~cdp/cptd-faq/ or to send you
to the exact URL use: http://www.intac.com/~cdp/cptd-faq/section5.html#split_DNS

This will give you some insight on the way things work with Split DNS. I would
also suggest the DNS bible. A must for any DNS or rather any Network
Administrator. Another great resource for DNS is www.dns.net/dnsrd

Hope this helps,

- Gaurav

Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx> on 01/21/2000 06:03:04 PM