Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Atul Chitnis wrote:

->On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Nagarjuna G. wrote:
->
->> Regarding the local private addresses, /etc/hosts is sufficient.
->
->Wow! Were did *that* come from? Rather sweeping statement.
->
->> May be I haven't understood your question: When you have a registered
->> domain, why do you want to intermingle with the private addresses.
->
->Try maintaining /etc/hosts files in hundreds of machines, and you will
->soon see why professional and seased sysadmins *swear* by DNS. DNS is a
->very important factor in *any* LAN that needs central
->administration.

It is clear that I haven't got it right, I mean the logical qustion.

Nagarjuna