[LI] Using chatscript, how to run pppd through /etc/passwd

Hi Pinku,
Oooops at last i am able to run the chatscript.
Thax for ur time & help.

Now i am facing  another prblem :

  I am working on RedHat Linux 6.0 & C.

>> But my probelm is when i run pppd with chatscript
>>  $/usr/sbin/pppd connect "chat -f chatscript"
>> /dev/cua0
>>
>> it is failing.My chatscript contains 1 line
>> ogin: test ssword: test123
>>

>> Where test is login name which i exist in another
>> m/c & test123 is password for test user.
>>
>> When see in /var/log/messages it is saying that
>> "connect script failed"
>>
>> **************************************
>> Plse note that i am not using any modem.I don't want
>> use....Through serial port only i want to do this
>> **************************************

Now i am able to run chatscript on m/c1 &  after authentication it is starting pppd.So pppd starts sending LCP-packets to m/c2...After some time pppd dies bcoz there won't be any pppd on m/c2 to respond to this pppd request

So i want to start pppd on m/c2 as soon as pppd starts on m/c1(after chat runs. on m/c1.).
I know that it can be achied by putting /usr/sbin/pppd instead of /bin/bash  in "/etc/ passwd"

This is working when i use telnet & login as usual procedure.But when i run  pppd with chat script it is not running....

Where i am  wrong???????

 Thax in advance for any help & ur time.

                With Best Regards,
                         Arun.K.Desai.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:40:58   Pinku Hussain wrote:
>1. chmod +x /etc/ppp/ppp-on-dialer
>
>2. change "ogin:---ogin:" to "sername:---sername:" in
>the /etc/ppp/ppp-on-dialer file.
>
>Hope for the best.
>
>Pinku

 Arun.K.Desai
        Software Engg.
        Bells Softech Ltd.
        Bangalore-41.
        India.
 If the human brain were so simple we could
  understand it, we would be so simple we   couldnt.