[LI] Using self signed certificates on Linux.

Hi all,
I have generated my own certificate for signing Java applets using Netscape signtool. Now for the applet to be functional on the user machine I had to install the certificate on the user browser. I found a very good site explaining the procedure step by step, it can be found at http://www.suitable.com/Doc_CodeSigning.shtml . The procedure described above is for a windows machine and I need to know the equivalent procedure for doing the same thing on a browser installed on Linux machine. Any pointers?
Pankaj Mathur
Bangkok