Re: [LI] Configuring Remote Printer - Addendum

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 sbalaji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>        Feels great to have got a response at last!. Thanks for that. Well
> as I had mentioned in my mail tc4d0.cmcltd.com server is server running
> AT&T Unix and there's no lpd daemon running in this server. It uses
> lpsched for print services. In such a scenario how else can I configure
> a remote printer from the LRH server?. Is there any way really to achieve
> what I'm trying to do?

Well, the issue is getting compatible client/server programs for your
application. Linux runs lpd/lpr, which requires an answering lpd to work.
If you aren't running lpd on tc4d0, then you either need to get matching
software for the Linux box, or lpd onto tc4d0.

I do not have any recent experience with AT&T Unix, but I would assume
that an lpd emulation would be available, considering that lpd/lpr is the
most common way of printing under Unix these days (heck, even Windows NT
has lpd/lpr capabilities!).

Anyone else here on the list who has dealt with printing under AT&T Unix?

Atul