[LI] fsck error during booting

I am running RHL 6.1 off the PCQ CD. Intermittently I get the following
error during booting.

-Quote-
Warning ... fsck.ext2 for device /dev/hda5 exited with signal 10
*** An error occurred during the file system check
*** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
*** when you leave the shell
Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D for normal startup)
-Quote-

After this I get dropped to my / partition without access to any other
partition, or if I type Ctrl-D, the machine reboots, normally this time.

What is the problem and what the solution

--
Narayana