Re: [LI] fsck error during booting

run fsck without any opions
# fsck /dev/hda5
It is *usually* safe to press "y" to any question asked.

and then reboot

Sh

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Narayana Yaddanapudi wrote:
*I am running RHL 6.1 off the PCQ CD. Intermittently I get the following
*error during booting.
*
*-Quote-
*Warning ... fsck.ext2 for device /dev/hda5 exited with signal 10
**** An error occurred during the file system check
**** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
**** when you leave the shell
*Give root password for maintenance
*(or type Control-D for normal startup)
*-Quote-
*
*After this I get dropped to my / partition without access to any other
*partition, or if I type Ctrl-D, the machine reboots, normally this time.
*
*What is the problem and what the solution
*
*--
*Narayana