RE: [LI] problem with accessing network.

Hi Vibhu,

See Vibhu basically ping uses the ICPM protocal.It sends ECHO_REQUEST  & gets ECHO_REPLY datagrams.

Another thing is
       We have see the way of the resolving the hostname.
For this resolution of hostname you will have to edit the /etc/resolv.conf

Actualy  i am working on Redhat Linux 6.0
My Linux /etc/resolv.conf contains 2 lines
search
nameserver

Otherwise try
"man 5 resolver"

               I hope this may help u!!!
        Good Luck.
               With Best regards,
                          Arun.K.Desai.

LYCOShop is now open. On your mark, get set, SHOP!!!
http://shop.lycos.com/