[LI] Email Client under Linux

Anybody know about a robust email client to use in linux? I need to use it
to read emails from different mail servers (different accounts); send emails
using those separate accounts; and filter the emails downloaded in the
appropriate folders.  Netscape Communicator and Pine (and multiple users
accounts on my home linux box) are what I currently use -- but I'd like to
graduate to a better method using just one a/c on my home box.
TIA,
RKA