[LI] deleting unwanted mail from VSNL server

Hi freinds,

Earlier when I used to telnet 202.54.17.30, I used to get VSNL menu
in which there was an option to invoke pine and I could delete
unwanted mail from the server before downloading them.

But now VSNL has stopped shell access and when I telnet I get only
three menu options :

1. Password Change.
2. Billing checking.
3. Exit.

How can I delete mail from the server before downloading ? in such
case now.

PC QUEST has given an Email client for Windows (FOXMAIL), in which
you can download only the headers of the message and the mark the
messages as delete before downloading. This was one of the best
features of FOXMAIL and I used to use FOXMAIL for my emailing before
I installed Linux.

I faced this problem yesterday, I could not download my mail due to
some invalid date signature problem to some of the mails which I
received from Linux-India mailing list and I had to boot windows and
run foxmail to delete these mails from the VSNL server , which were
causing problem for me.

In Linux I am using Kmail. Is the above thing which I was doing in
FOXMAIL possible in linux ?

Sorry for the long mail.

Thanking in advance.

--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card ?Visit:http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/linux.html

Web Site : http://geocities.com/rfowkar/      Email : rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"If you can't make it good, at least make it look good."
Bill Gates