[LI] Re: problem with mgetty ....continues

Hi All,
Thanks for your responses.
Jiju Mathew-your scripts were quite impressive and I am sure lot of users must have found it useful-you've made the entire thing so simple. I did the installation(after returning the system to original state) but alas it is still not working for me- maybe the problem lies else where. But sdi and sdo are working in the sense that my modem frees up for dialling in or dialling out.Please answer the following for me: 1. There was no entry created in /etc/mgetty*/login.config by your setup script- is it OK ,if yes then what takes care of that required /AutoPPP/..... command? 2. Why this extra file options.ttyS0.in is needed and why all three files options,options.ttyS0 & options.ttyS0.in have the same set of commands placed in them (I mean why do we need so files with same commands in them). 3. Another basic doubt is that do I need to create a special user for dial up - I just created one by doing "adduser pankaj" and then created a passwd for it and used the name "pankaj" for my dialup connection from a win95 machine. 4. The win95 machine also has a valid IP address on the LAN but when it is dialling into my Linux server (on the same LAN) I am assigning an IP address of 192.168.0.2 to it - do you think that could be the source of trouble. If you want I can send you the log extract from both the modems (if it can help) -i am not pasting it here to avoid wasting more bandwidth than what I have already done.
Thanks again for all the help.
Bye
Pankaj Mathur
Bangkok

PS: can anyone suggest how to copy from emacs and paste in Netscape text box or is there a catch in it?