[LI] Mouse doesnt work in X

Hai,
I've installed Linux RH 6.1 from PCQ, few days back and couldn't get my
mouse to work. tryed all possible combinations of mouse given - serial, MS,
3 butt, 2 nutt etc. My mouse happen to be a serial 3-butt and works fine
with w98.
I get the gnome interface and coulnot do a thing with that. doesn't know if
it could used through the keyB. tried quiet a few 'hot keys' to get the
startmenu, but all i could do was Ctrl+Alt+BkSpc...
Pls guide me about the Keys also..
rgds
saik