Re: [LI] Kwvdial problem

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Rajesh Fowkar wrote:

>Jan  5 20:14:18 rajesh pppd[982]: Can't open options file
>/etc/ppp/peers/wvdial: No such file or directory
>I added noauth to my options file and copied that file to
>/etc/ppp/peers/wvdial directory
Oops! Wrong move ... that file is already there and is installed by the
wvdial rpm. I think you should install wvdial again using '--f' option so
that the right files are written again.
A 'rpm -qf /etc/ppp/peers/wvdial' on my system gave the following output:
# wvdial-1.40-5

The wvdial manpage mentions this particular file - you have to add the
entry 'New PPPD' to your /etc/wvdial.conf file. It has something to do with
the newer pppd.2.2 package which has to be explicitly told by wvdial about
where the file is present.

Anyway, the above file contains only two lines and you could recreate it on
your own -
noauth
name wvdial

Although the 'noauth' option is present in this file, pppd seems to ignore
it and so it has to be mentioned again in the ppp config file.

>man ppp say no manual entry.
Sorry! That should have been 'man pppd'.
Also try 'man wvdial' and 'man wvdialconf' for more info.

HTH,
Sameer.