[LI] S3 Trio/Samtron 45Bn problem

Hi friends,
>From last two days i am busy with setting up xwindows with my office pc.
I am using celeron 400 with 64 mb ram and 8gb hd with redhat 6.0(from Chip
cd)linux and win nt 4.0
I wanted to try out it with one and after that i will replace my nt network.
But i am not going well with my s3trio card.I have to setup vga16 server and
having only 16 colours.Please tell me how to confiure it for minimum 256
colours
The specifications are
    S3TRIO 3D/2X
    S3 Incorporated version 401024
    mem 4 mb.
    Monitor SAMSUNG SAMTRON 45Bn.

i couldn't tell my boss about my failour with this card since i have to
replace my all nt lan.
Please send me suggestions soon.
Eagerly waiting
Kunal