[LI] GNU tar-1.11.8 - y2k !?

Hi,

        I use gnu tar 1.11.8 (the latest) on my solaris box and do
        incremental backups using the --after-date option. tar
        breaks since Jan 1 2000 giving an "Invalid date format"
        error.

        I looked through the sources and found the following in
        lib/getdate.c

  if (Year < EPOCH || Year > 1999
      || Month < 1 || Month > 12
      /* Lint fluff:  "conversion from long may lose accuracy" */
      || Day < 1 || Day > DaysInMonth[(int)--Month])
    return -1;

	Comments/fixes welcome.

--Gopi Garge