Re: [LI] Kwvdial RPM link & wvdial problem

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Rajesh Fowkar wrote:

>I am unable to connect to net using kwvdial it
>dials sends username and password and then the
>message comes starting pppd and immediately
>it disconnects.

The age old ppp problem -
Put a 'noauth' option in the ppp configuration files ...
ppp assumes that PAP/CHAP authorization is required by default.

You can do a 'man ppp' if you feel upto it. Also take a look at the
/var/log/messages file to really see whats going on ...
I think 'rp3' has the option to connect in test mode so that you can check
what is happening when wvdial dials out ... I dont know about kwvdial.

Sameer.