Re: [LI] LILO protection

> Now, if at any time you are forced to reinstall Windows, and if you
> suddenly find yourself booting into Windows, just fire up fdisk again and
> set the active partition back to the one that you installed LILO to.

But making a logical partition active from dos/windows fdisk is simply not
possible. Am I wrong.... ?
people by default install windows on the first (hda1) primary active
partition and install linux secondly in some logical partitions.

>    Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
> /dev/hda1             1       230   1738768+   b  Win95 FAT32
> /dev/hda2           231       523   2215080    5  Extended
> /dev/hda3   *       524       653    982800   83  Linux
> /dev/hda4           654       662     68040   82  Linux swap
> /dev/hda5           231       523   2215048+  83  Linux

> Note that /dev/hda5 starts in the same place as /dev/hda2 (which is an
> extended partition).

Please make it clear. My understanding shows hda1, hda3 and hda4 are primary
partitions. hda2 is extended and hda5 is logical.
Dos/Windows fdisk will show hda3 and hda4 as unknown filsystem and can be
set active as per your case.

I know that lilo can be started from a logical drive and be used to load
linux. But I strib the first 512 bytes of that logical drive and add it to
NT OS Loader